Bylaw enforcement in the Town of Ponoka is provided by a full-time Community Peace Officer (CPO) whose duties include:
- Listening and responding to bylaw concerns, requests and questions from citizens;
- Educating citizens on the requirements of Town bylaws and provincial legislation, and providing enforcement where needed;
- Traffic safety enforcement on Town roads (and provincial highways when called to assist the RCMP or Sheriffs); and
- Commercial vehicle inspections.
A complete list of the Town of Ponoka Bylaws is available on the Ponoka Civic Web.
Contacting the CPO
To submit a bylaw concern or question to the Community Peace Officer, please click here or phone the Town Office at 403-783-4431 for assistance in submitting your request.
- Full details about your bylaw concern (what, where, when, etc).