Solid Waste - Waste Transfer Station -
The Town's Waste Transfer Station is just outside the northeast corporate limits going north on 46 Street.
It is located in Ponoka County, the rural BLUE sign reads 252028 TWP RD 431A.
The Legal Land Location is SE Quarter of Section 10, Township 43, Range 25, West of the 4th Meridian.
Tuesday through Saturday
SUNDAY & MONDAY & STATUTORY HOLIDAYS
SUMMER Hours from April 1 to October 31
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
WINTER Hours from November 1 to March 31
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
What is accepted at the Waste Transfer Station?
- Solid waste [examples are garbage, furniture, drywall, plastics, toilets and shingles]
- White goods - freezers, refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washers, dryers
- Metal - cable cut in 3 ft. length, wire and general scrap
- Used oil, containers and filters
- Vehicle batteries
The fees charged at the Waste Transfer Station are:
- Minimum Fee - $8 charge up to 100 kg
- Recycle - Residential &/or Commercial – minimum $8 charge up to 100 kg, $75 per metric tonne
- Garbage - $75 per metric tonne (includes furniture, drywall, toilets, shingles, non-recyclable plastic)
- Metal - $25 per metric tonne (including cable cut in 3’ lengths, wire, general scrap, refrigerators, freezers)
- Wood - $10 per metric tonne
- Concrete - $15 per metric tonne (must be clean “no garbage”)
- Asphalt - $15 per metric tonne (must be clean “no garbage”)
- Propane Tanks - $5 each
- Tree Stumps - $5 each
- Box Spring and/or Mattresses - $10 each plus minimum $8 charge up to 100 kg
For a complete list of what is accepted and not accepted at the Waste Transfer Station plus the fees charged click here
For a list of items that can be recycled click here
There is no charge for compostable materials which includes branches, trees, grass clippings, sod and plant debris.
*Please note that compostable material cannot be brought to the Waste Transfer Station in the green cart used for household compostable waste*
The hazardous waste collection program includes: aerosol cans, paint, household cleaners, pesticides, fertilizer. All of these items must be in the original containers and have a readable label to verify the contents.
For more information, please call the Waste Transfer Station at 403-783-8328.
Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm, April 1 to October 31
Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm, November 1 to March 31