Councillor Ted Dillon
As a new member of Council, I am committed to open and transparent governance. I will strive to make the best decisions on behalf of our citizens and to serve our community to the very best of my ability.
- Born and raised in Ponoka, and graduated from high school here
- Married Barb in 1973. Raised three sons and now enjoys the lively company of five grandchildren (three girls; two boys)
- Worked in the lumber business running lumber yards before becoming the Town’s Fire Chief in 1989. Served as the Fire Chief for 26 years
- During his years with the Town of Ponoka Administrative team, he also served briefly as interim acting CAO, Director of Community Services, and Director of Protective Services
- Served on the board of the Alberta Fire Chiefs Association for eight years as a Director and later as a Vice-President. Today he is a life member of the Association and attends the annual convention each year
- Assisted the Ponoka Stampede Association with the creation of its Emergency Management Plan and is currently the Emergency Management Coordinator for the Stampede Association
- Involved in hockey all of his life – refereeing, coaching, score keeping, etc.
- Was president of the Ponoka Stampeders Sr. Hockey Club for several years