Councillor Carla Prediger
My personal vision statement for the Town of Ponoka – Love what you have and build what you need. I see Ponoka as an underutilized gem in a prime location that currently offers a quality of life that would not be found elsewhere. I see a passionate and caring community that wants to encourage others to take pride and ownership of this safe and vibrant community we call ‘HOME’.
- Born and raised in Wynyard, Saskatchewan; graduated high school there
- Received a Diploma in Recreation Technology from SIAST
- Moved to Ponoka in 1988 where she met and married her husband Harley
- Her twin sons Colten and Joshua have kept her life full and busy
- Graduated as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse in 1992
- Completed an applied diploma for Human Service Administration, 2002
- Served as Director of the Ponoka Rising Sun Clubhouse for five years
- Currently works as a Manager for Alberta Health Services in Addictions and Mental Health
- A member of the Provincial Professional Practice Council for Psychiatric Nursing
- An avid sports enthusiast who loves softball and slow pitch and has since moved her passion for sports to the golf course and the local gym!
- Has volunteered at the Ponoka Community Christmas dinner since 2013