Property Taxes Can Be Paid by Credit Card through OptionPay
The Town of Ponoka is now accepting credit card payments for property taxes through OptionPay – a third-party service provider that processes online credit card payments for a fee.
Tiered Fee Schedule
OptionPay uses a tiered fee schedule to collect a processing fee on each transaction. The fee is administered through OptionPay for use of the service and is not collected or received by the Town.
To view the tiered fee schedule, please CLICK HERE
Other accepted methods of payment for Town of Ponoka property taxes include:
- Online banking
- Cheque (including post-dated cheques)
- Monthly Tax Payment Plan
Contact the Town at 403-783-0127 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these payment methods.
To pay your Town of Ponoka property taxes through OptionPay, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Click the ‘Pay Your Taxes with OptionPay’ button at the bottom of this page.
- This link will direct you from the Town of Ponoka website to a third-party website (https://www.optionpay.ca/payment/town-of-ponoka/index.php).
- Enter your card information and the dollar value you wish to pay including decimal places.
- The OptionPay fee will automatically be calculated.
- Select ‘Property Tax’ as your type of payment from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your roll number which is found in two locations on your tax statement (see sample below).
(Click on the image for a larger example.)
- Enter your phone number and email address so you receive a receipt.
- Authorization: Read this section and if in agreement, check the box under ‘Authorization’.
- This section states that you recognize the credit card service fee goes to a third-party recipient. The Town does not receive this portion of your payment.
- Click the ‘Submit Payment’ button and your transaction is complete.
Citizens with credit cards that offer reward points can use OptionPay to collect points on property tax payments (including the processing fees).
To view the information OptionPay provides about their security measures CLICK HERE.
Please note the Town of Ponoka accepts no liability in the event of security breaches, technical difficulties, or other issues that may arise during third-party transactions.
The Town can process refunds if necessary, however, we can only refund the fee portion of the payment if requested on the same business day that the payment is made. If it’s the next business day, the fee refund would have to be disputed directly with OptionPay.