New 2020 Curbside Waste Collection Calendar Available
To view a printable copy of the 2020 Curbside Waste Collection Calendar, please click here
Building Naming Contest Winners Announced
Click here for News Release
We Want Your Input on the Proposed Animal Control Bylaw
The proposed new Animal Control Bylaw would require dogs and cats aged six months and older in Ponoka to be licensed annually and regulated under the new bylaw.
Ponoka’s existing Animal Control Bylaw only regulates dogs. The addition of cats is being proposed in response to community concerns expressed over the past number of years.
Other provisions in the new proposed Animal Control Bylaw include:
- A new definition for ‘aggressive dog’
- New licence fees for cats, dogs and aggressive dogs. These fees are lower for neutered and spayed animals (with documented proof) and for licences purchased before a specified deadline date
- New requirements for control of cats, dogs and aggressive dogs
- New penalties for bylaw offences, and specific penalties that apply only to aggressive dogs
- A process for the Town Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to issue an ‘aggressive dog’ designation, which would require the dog owner to comply with aggressive dog regulations under the proposed bylaw
- Requirements for proof that a cat or dog is licensed, and proof of a cat or dog’s age
- Making it an offence for any person who owns or occupies a property to keep more than five cats and dogs (in total) on that property (unless the property is occupied by a licensed veterinarian or a kennel operator in accordance with a development permit under the Town’s Land Use Bylaw)
To View the Proposed Bylaw, CLICK HERE
To fill out the online survey & offer your input on the bylaw, CLICK HERE
For details on the Public Consultation Process for the proposed bylaw, and the Public Open House on Nov. 27, CLICK HERE
Town of Ponoka Curbside Collection to be Simplified Beginning January 1
To know more about Curbside Collection please click here.
Town Launches Photo Contest
The Town of Ponoka has launched a photo contest that invites citizens to submit photos that showcase the community and the people who live here.
“We are looking for photos that capture images of our citizens enjoying the many features and amenities that Ponoka has to offer, such as walking, cycling, jogging or rollerblading on our beautiful river valley trail system, or playing in our parks and playgrounds,” says Town of Ponoka Communications Manager Sandra Smith.
The photos can feature citizens enjoying Ponoka’s outdoor and indoor facilities such as the Aquaplex or the racquetball courts, curling rink or other ice surfaces at the Arena Complex. “They can even simply be photos of a family or children walking to school, or playing with their dog at a local park, or people sitting on a park bench while appreciating the natural beauty around them. We’re looking for photos of people of all ages in a variety of local settings that best showcase our community,” says Smith.
* For full details about the Photo Contest and photo requirements, please CLICK HERE
* For a Contest Entry Form, please CLICK HERE
* All participants submitting photos to the contest must fill out a ‘Photography Waiver and Consent Form’ CLICK HERE
* All individuals photographed in submitted photos must fill out a ‘Photo Waiver - Model Consent Form’ CLICK HERE
PHOTO CONTEST CLOSES at 12 Noon on December 2, 2019.
WINNERS will be awarded gift bags filled with Town swag and Town of Ponoka gift certificates that can be applied to a Ponoka Aquaplex membership or for the use of other Towns recreational facilities such as the pool, racquetball courts or tennis, and pickleball courts. The gift certificates will be in the amount of $100 for first place, $75 for second place and $25 for third place.
QUESTIONS? Please phone 403-783-0158.