Water Main Break Update - 58 Ave. between 51 St. and 52 St. (March 15, 2019)
WATER MAIN BREAK UPDATE - 58 Ave. between 51 St. and 52 St. (March 15, 2019)
* Crews are back on site and continue to work on the water main break today.
* Water main valves had to be shut off on 58 Ave, 57 Ave and 51 St. to control the flow of water at the water main break on 58 Ave.
* Affected properties include 58 Ave between 51 St. and 52 St; 57 Ave except for properties between 50 St. and 51 St.; and 51 St. between 56 and 57 Ave.
* The water remains turned off to the above properties and will be turned back on as soon as repairs are completed.
* We apologize for the inconvenience.
* Further updates will be provided later today.
* Showers and washroom facilities at the Ponoka Aquaplex are available today to Ponoka residents who live on 58 Ave, 57 Ave, and 51 St. and who are without water due to the water main break on 58 Ave.
* TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES remain in place on 58 Ave. between 51 St. and 52 St., and on 52 St. between 57 Ave. and 58 Ave.
* Water main breaks are more common in municipalities at this time of year due to frost in the ground and the freeze/thaw cycle.