Temporary Road Closure on 49 St (just north of 50 Ave) - on Monday, March 25, 2019
The south end of 49 St. (just north of 50 Ave.) will be temporarily closed on Monday, March 25 due to water line repair work.
Motorists are asked to drive with caution in construction areas and watch for posted signs.
Town Thanks Citizens for their Patience and Town Crews for their Diligence during Water Main Break Repairs Last Week
To read the News Release, please click here.
Board & Committee Vacancies
Boil Water Advisory Had Ended for Residents Affected by Water Main Break on 58 Ave. Last Week
The Boil Water Advisory has ended for residents affected by the water main break last week on 58 Ave. between 51 St. AND 52 St.
* The boil water advisory was placed in effect last week as a safety precaution for properties on:
58 Ave. between 51 St. & 52 St.;
57 Ave. (but NOT properties between 50 St. & 51 St.):
51 St. between 56 Ave. & 57 Ave.
* The Town received water test results today confirming the boil water advisory can now be LIFTED.
* Repairs were completed to the water main on 58 Ave on Sunday, March 17, the road was reopened, and water was restored to all affected properties.
* The Town would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding throughout this difficult situation last week as Town staff and contractors worked hard to repair this water main break.
* Water main breaks are often a seasonal occurrence at this time of year due to frost in the ground and the freeze/thaw cycle.
Town of Ponoka Surplus Office Items Sale March 25 & 26
Read about this and more in this week's Hometown Weekly News!