Ponoka Industrial Airport – Labrie Field
The Ponoka Industrial Airport is owned and operated by the Ponoka Flying Club.
Less than 1 km south of the Town of Ponoka on Highway 2A
The Ponoka Industrial Airport is served by a GPS Instrument Approach system. There is an on-site fuel depot. Although there are no landing fees, a pilot log-in registry is in use.
Located in Central Alberta, the Ponoka Industrial Airport provides CANPASS service. This means that aircraft can quickly clear customs into Canada at Ponoka, rather than Calgary or Edmonton. To register with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and obtain your CANPASS permit for future use clearing customs at Ponoka (and other CANPASS airports across Canada), call 1-800-461-9999 or 1-204-983-3500, or visit CANPASS for more information. This service is available to Canadian and U.S. residents and citizens.
Wind Direction Indicator
- Description: lighted wind sock
- Location: mid-field, west of runway
- Type: orange/white striped; 12 feet in length
- Asphalt runway
- Size: 3088 feet long by 75 feet wide
- Approach slope – Clearance 21/2% or 1:40.
- Maintained year-round
- Runway lighting is an Arcal system activated by radio frequency as per CAP
- Edge lights – Low (medium) intensity blue at north end only; reflectors at south end
- 52°39′ North
- 113°36′ West
- Radio Control – Aerodrome Traffic Frequency: 123.3
- Open and lit 24 hours a day
- Pay telephone available inside
Can be purchased from Ponoka Flying Club by contacting Blaine at 403-704-4114