New Business Grant
The New Business Grant offers a one-time-per-business grant payment of up to $1000 for businesses that are new to Ponoka, reside and operate in the Town and have not previously operated in the community.
To be eligible, the business must hold a valid 2021 Town of Ponoka business licence or be exempt from requiring a business licence. The application period for the New Business Grant began January 1, 2021, and will continue until December 31, 2021.
The grants are being awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis with grant amounts varying according to the business licence type as follows:
- In-Town Commercial and Automotive business licence holders who lease a commercial property may be eligible for a $750 grant; or $1,000 if they purchase the commercial property;
- In-Town Trades business licence holders may be eligible for $750;
- Home Business licence holders - $250;
- Home Office business licence holders - $100; and
- Home Catalogue Sales business licence holders - $50.
Once you fill out an application form, please email a copy of the completed form to RealLiving@ponoka.ca or print a copy of the completed form and mail it to:
Town of Ponoka
200, 5604-50 Ave.
Ponoka, AB, T4J 1G5
For information about retail investment opportunities in Ponoka including community characteristics and information about Ponoka’s retail sector, please view the Town of Ponoka’s Retail Pitch Deck.